WHAT Centre for Arts and Health
WHAT is housed in a dedicated Centre for Arts and Health in the grounds of University Hospital Waterford. This facility is the first of its kind in Ireland and enables WHAT to bridge its work between the acute hospital setting and the wider community. The Centre was developed with funding from the HSE, ACCESS II, and the Arts Council.
The WHAT Centre features:
- A multi-use studio which accommodates participatory arts workshops in visual art, dance and movement, drama, music and creative writing.
- An arts and health library which supports training and research in the field of arts and health in Ireland.
- An artists’ studio as a base for artists’ residencies.
- A conservatory as a social space that can be used for meetings and workshops.
- A multi-media editing suite.
- The administrative base of Waterford Healing Arts Trust.
- A ‘hot desk’ for sessional staff and volunteers.
- Catering facilities.
- Disability access throughout.
Spaces within the WHAT Centre are available to rent for meetings, training etc. Contact WHAT@hse.ie for more details.