HSE South East Acute Hospitals.
Waterford Healing Arts Trust, on behalf of HSE South East Capital Projects Team, invites applications from experienced artists for a place on the HSE South East Acute Hospitals Public Art Panel 2020-2021 leading to art commissions funded by the Per Cent for Art Scheme. Each commission will enable the artist to engage with the built environment of the health care context. This is an excellent opportunity for artists to have their work integrated into a health care environment for the benefit of staff, patients and their families.
Artists will be selected for the public art panel based on artistic excellence, track record and potential to develop commissions. Artists on the panel may be invited to develop art commission proposals for the following capital projects in 2020-21:
– New Mortuary Building – University Hospital Waterford
– New Cardiac Cath lab – University Hospital Waterford
– MRI Replacement and upgrade works – University Hospital Waterford
– New MRI Suite – St Luke’s Hospital Kilkenny
Other capital projects may also arise during this period. Artists invited to develop proposals will receive a detailed brief, the opportunity to attend a site visit and a fee for submitted proposals. Commissioned artworks must comply with HSE infection control and health and safety guidelines.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 23 March 2020.
Applications must include:
– A completed application form
– A current CV which clearly identifies your experience of making work as part of an art commissioning process
– Documentation of past work in the form of 5 to 10 good quality images. All images should be captioned with title, materials, scale and name of commissioning body, if relevant. Please do not send website links in lieu of images.
All the above including the application form should be compiled into one PDF document and clearly marked with your name and contact details. The PDF document should not exceed 10MB and should be emailed to ClaireA.Meaney@hse.ie
For further information contact Claire Meaney, Arts Director, WHAT on 051 842664 or ClaireA.Meaney@hse.ie