Temporary closure of WHAT Centre extended
Due to the increased restrictions resulting from the Covid 19 / Corona Virus, Waterford Healing Arts Trust will remain closed until until further notice. All music, art, literature and movement sessions on the wards have been postponed for the time being. We continue to work from home, adapting our work and finding new ways to support patients and staff.
We are also continuing our national work, leading the development of arts and health in Ireland and, in particular at this time, supporting artists and arts and health practitioners as we all devise new ways to work in our changed circumstances. See www.artsandhealth.ie for further details.
Some updates from Waterford Healing Arts Trust:
The schedule for our ‘A Better Place’ exhibition has been reviewed and the following are the revised dates:
– Mid-June: All submissions will be displayed at UHW and remain on view for four weeks. During this time, patients, staff and visitors to the hospital will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite artwork.
– Mid-July: Voting concludes
– Late July: The successful artist will be notified
– Early October: Installation of A Better Place 2020 exhibition
– Wednesday 7 October: Official opening of A Better Place 2020
– Early December: Exhibition concludes
The open call for the HSE South East Acute Hospitals Public Art Panel 2020-2021 is now closed and successful applicants have been notified.
We apologise for any inconvenience. We hope to re-schedule all postponed sessions in due course. If you have a specific query which is time sensitive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org which will be checked intermittently during our temporary closure.
We wish everyone good health during these challenging times. Further information about the Corona Virus is available from the HSE here